Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Thoughts about many things.

Heyaaaaaaah.
So I have started all that recording of WoW. I am currently uploading my fifth episode. And I have started to record a tanking series too, that I will put up when I am done with the first one / or in the middle of the other series.
Playlist here btw SELF PROMO!

Leveling an undead priest.

And I have had this thought about my YouTube channel. I mean I started it with a few horrors and then Indie games, and it's so far just a little channel. But, now I have shifted to WoW. Do I need to rebrand my channel / make a new one ? The WoW related stuff does it really fit into my channel ? Will people expect only WoW stuff there, will my other subs think: "OMG, WOW. BOORING - this isn't what I signed up for."

I mean it's just a tiny channel with 88 subs.
Nothing major, so I could stay put where I am, or start over. None of the options is any big deal really.

But all I hear everywhere is that you need to keep sort of the same content on your channel so people know what to expect.

On the other hand, I have started to not give a F***, and do what I want, and try not to care so much about what others think or might not think.

But I do love making videos, and while I will never be able to make a living off it, it will be a hobby of mine for many years to come. I just wonder how I should go about it.

Should I have 2 separate channels, should I have one WoW and one Indie + Let's Play and keep things tidy, or should I give zero F***s and just put everything up there, from flash games, to indie games to vlogs and WoW. I am confused.

And then there is all my old crappy videos, should they stay on there, or should they be removed. All this random thoughts about something so insignificant.

I do want a clean easy channel to navigate through, and I do want people to be happy when I upload something, but when there is so much different stuff going on there, will it confuse people, will they just pack up and leave? Well if they wanna leave, they can of course. I don't really worry that much about it, I don't want people to watch something they don't want to. That's bad for me and them.

What are your thoughts ? What would you do ?

Another note

The anxiety stuff... Here it comes.... :P I had two meetings today, they both went well. I took a bloodtest and I will have to wait for the results for a while... Meh I hate waiting for stuff like that, but it's just for checking certain levels. Hopefully I am not dying !

The therapist or psychologist, whatever they are calling themselves, told me to take care of myself better. I told him that I had celebrated my birthday and made the day just about me, that it felt really nice and that I hadn't been that happy in a very long time, I wanted to do this every birthday from now on. I congratulated myself, spammed photos and sang songs all day long. And all that stuff.

And he said: You know you are allowed to do those things when you don't have your birthday also. You aren't self absorbed or a narcissist for giving yourself attention. SOO, I am going to start taking ( yes TAKING :P ) more attention, I'm going to take attention AND give myself more attention. Yes. More me, less other people. Might sound weird to you guys, as all you read about on this blog is me, but in real life it's another deal.

He had the impression that I was so scared of what other people thought of me, that I didn't take care of myself. (hard for me to translate this conversation, so I hope you get what I mean) I don't have to have an excuse to do something nice for myself. I don't have to have an excuse to be happy, or to
do things that might point the attention to me. Everyone does that, it's how humans are, so so shall i!

So at the end of the day, all is fine, I have my moments of thinking OMG I am sick, I am going to die. But overall I feel okay.  He gave me permission to use my medication, I have been taking the anxiety medication, but I have been feeling guilty about taking them, but I shouldn't. So now I am going to take them when I feel the anxiety coming, instead of when it's at it's peek.

Goodday all / Goodnight all! :D

7 comments:

  1. I would suggest starting a new channel. It's a new you. Start over. Do a video on your old channel explaining why and hopefully everyone will follow to your new one.

    Take care of yourself, easting, sleeping, getting out in the fresh air etc. I'm sure you'll be OK.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your suggestion :) I shall take that into consideration indeed. I think it might be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the You that doesn't give a fuk :D And I am no expert but i think if you keep the same channel it will attract others like you who like all sorts of games. And maybe if people come for one type of content, they may get inspired to try other games. It doesn't feel confusing, it feels like it reflects who you are :-)

    And good to hear that you are going to focus in on you. I identify with feeling guilty if i don't put others first but it leads to me getting overwhelmed really easily. So yes, take care of you first, good plan batman!

    Love your WoW series, most, I say! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I like your point of view :D You might be right actually. One thing that can be nice, is to have the old videos so people can see the progression I have made since the start.


    And yeah I feel guilty a lot if I put myself first, but I guess we need to do that sometimes. We need to be happy too.


    I'm going to give it a few weeks before I make up my mind. See what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "On the other hand, I have started to not give a F***, and do what I want, and try not to care so much about what others think or might not think."

    This. You're a gamer. Play the games and share what you like. We watch you, not the game so much. If you're concerned about branding, make it clear you play all sorts of games and then create playlists for each. It's pretty much what I do.

    Take a look at Hank Green's game play channel, Games with Hank (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyxcGxSCgN4L02rdXqaATug.) He does all sorts of games and uses playlists as I've recommended.

    Never forget, we watch your channel because of you, not the game you play. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. <3 Thank you :) Big hug for you and your response!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I honestly don't have just one specific piece of content I keep on my YouTube. I'm a gamer. I'll do lots of Let's Plays of lots of different games. And if people don't like it? They don't need to sub to my channel. :P


    (I also second the use of Playlists. Start them now so you don't have to back-add all the videos to them. That's not been fun, lol.)

    ReplyDelete