Wednesday, 4 February 2015

A fresh start!

With all the things that are going to happen in my life, I think it's time to start over with a brand new blog. A new clean slate, a fresh start. I have moved back and forth a few times now, things have been deleted here and there, I have so many posts that are just meaningless and ruined by moves and deleted videos / images etc. A new beginning feels fitting.
So you will find no old posts here, no old pictures, it's a totally new blog with a new look. I went for the girly pink look today. But who knows I might change it tomorrow. While not super happy with my header, it's a start.

I am just getting myself familiarized with Blogger again and it's going to take a few days to get it the way I want it.

At first I thought this might a very stupid move, deleting a whole year of work that I put into the old blog. And I have also been pondering about, if I should take my "bragging rights" with me, pointing at my shiny pictures from last year blogging events. And at the moment I have decided to take them with me as I am very proud of them. Even though I don't have any proof of those shines here on my new blog, I still earned them and will continue to "wear them" with pride.


So whats going to happen next?

Well, I will still be blogging about the games I play, and the life I live (or the life I don't live) and I will try to be a bit more active again. I need to keep myself busy and I do enjoy a little typing here and there. While this started out as a gaming blog, it has shifted a lot towards being a personal diary. But I am not going to re-brand this blog, I'm just keeping it as - Confessions of an anxious gamer. I think it's still fitting, I can talk about gaming and I can talk about life.

I will become better at sharing my videos on my blog, to keep my blog alive and to self promote my videos. Shameless promotion heh, but I guess that's what we have to do, to get people to read and watch.

What's been good about my long break from blogging and break from Youtube is that I have gotten some perspective. It's not about getting the tons of views that you would love to have, or getting your name out there. We all say it, but we don't always truly mean it. We say it because it's the right thing to say. But I have finally gotten that through my head now that I do this, because I need it for me, it IS therapeutic. I have come so far this last year because of it. And that's not because I have gotten a tons and tons of views, cause I haven't. It's because I have been able to be me, and share things, talk about things, that needed to be talked about.  No matter how many times I might repeat some things, it's just needed and is a massive help.

But that doesn't mean I will stop trying to promote myself, of course I will, it's a part of the deal for me. Doing things that is scary, and hell, self promoting, that is a pretty scary thing to do. You can be looked at as an attention seeking bastard, poking and annoying people. So yeah, I will try to promote, and share the things I do because it's challenging. *points to flattering picture*


You will be reading things I might have written before. Since this is part diary - part gaming blog, I will continue to talk about things that bother me and scare me. And often, that is the same thing over and over again. I almost said, I don't care if you get bored of it, but of course I care what you all think, but at the end of the day, I write what comes to mind and what my brain tells me I need to get out of my system. If I don't, it will be nagging at me all night long and there will be no sleep.

I am very exicted about this new blog. I have changed back and forth so many times now, that I can't keep count myself. But as I've said. There is no point in me wasting money on a self-hosted blog.

I will still spam twitter whenever I write something, and whenever I make videos. So you will probably find me anyways even if I changed my blog to the north-pole. I do know a lot of you hate Blogger, but I will do my best to make it as easy for you to visit, and comment. Hopefully I have Disqus up and working :)

I hope you all are well and I thank you all for your continued support.


I also want to give a special note to Sunny.

She has been a regular visitor on both my blog and on my youtube channel. And I want to thank you so much for your support, and warm words when I have needed them. You amaze me, that you can share so much care for a stranger. I know you don't always have it easy, and that you can still take time to care for someone who is on the other side of the planet like you do is just amazing to me. So thank you Sunny Bunny :-)

Okay, first post! WE HAVE LIFT OFF!!!



2 comments:

  1. It's good to see that you're still around, Missy. I was a little worried when your posts kind of petered out a while back, but I understand that it is not necessarily a bad thing if you go quiet for a while. I am glad that you haven't given up on your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know, I'm sorry :) I'm kind of like that, I can be really into something and super focused on it, and then BAM. NOPE! But I am here ! I'll try no to suddenly disappear like I sometimes can do.

    ReplyDelete