Sunday, 15 February 2015

A breath of fresh air!


Today we decided to take a walk out in the forest. Eirik always asks me if I want to join him and Nemo out for a walk, let's just say I don't always say yes. I am lazy, but when I first have gotten my winterclothes on I don't regret joining. It's just that stage where you decide if you're going to bother or not that often hinders me:P Might sound silly but ey.


So when I go for walks in the forest, I usually end up sharing some photographs with you. I am sure you guys are starting to get familiar with  this forest now as I have shared photos from it so many times. But taking pictures makes for a much more enjoyable walk because you stop and look at things, rather then just walking around.

We didn't take a super long walk today, it was a bit chilly, we took around 5k steps according to our app on our phones :P Well Eirik took around 4.500, and I took 5200. The difference is, I am a short person pff..
Picture of Missy's Mojo
Yes we can even take selfies on our walks!
I tried taking some nice pictures of Eirik, but he is always on the move or making strange facial expressions. When I finally nail it, the damn focus is messed up. BLEH! But I quite like this one, even if he doesn't.
Eirik aka Mork
We saw some fun things while walking around. We actually found mushrooms. I didnt' know there were shrooms in the forest at this time of year but, there was! A cute little mushroom. We imagined there was a little creature living in there, looking back at us.
Strange little shroom
I took several photos of this shroom, cause it was just so cute. Eirik poked it with his finger and a cloud of dust or gas came out of it, was curious to look at.
Missy's Mojo - a little curious mushroom
Imagine a little creature climbing out of it, staring at you with a little smirk
Nemo loves our walks in the forest, that means he can have as long a leach as he likes, running around sniffing, peeing, poking stuff with his nose and all those sticks to gnaw at! Sometimes he is a bit optimistic when it comes of the sizes of the sticks he wants and today he went for a rather big part of the tree.
Nemo labrador/shar pei mix - Missy's Mojo
Nomnom stick
He really wanted this stick, and unfortunately the picture was blurry, but you can see how eager he is. My cute little baby Nemo.
I want this stick now!
There is many things to enjoy in the forest, but we came to an opening in the forest, out to a field and I decided to try and take a picture that would be more pleasing to the eye. I am no expert at taking photographs as you clearly can see. And I have little to no knowledge about it. But I did take a photo that I really liked. Part snow, part forest and part sky. The snow is so white, if it had not been for the ski prints/tracks in the snow you would hardly see the snow.
Missy's Mojo - Forest and snow
An opening in the forest
We found this hole in a tree, I am not sure, but I think it was made by a woodpecker ? Well, it was interesting for me, so yes I took a photo, you be the judge if it's a woodpecker or human made. The tree was clearly dying though which is a same.
Woodpecker or man-made ?






Pocahontas tree ?



I am glad I decided to join today. I usually am. When we walk in the forest and I have my camera, it is like we have transported to a different planet. It's peaceful, the "other" world doesn't exist. I forget about all the troubles, the noisy digital world, tv, computer and the comfy sofa that is at home. Yes I might have a camera in my hands, but as I said, it helps me really look at the things around me like small shrooms, footprints, smells. And I ask questions non stop, about the things we see around us. I really wish I could become a person who spent more time outside, I think we all do at times, but we forget that feeling we have when outside as soon as we are inside in our comfortable sofa, which is a shame. I think we should all spend more time outside , it can indeed be a magical place if you just use your imagination.



But now it is time for me to enter another type of magical world and that is World Of Warcraft. As I resubbed I have enjoyed my time, unguilded and alone on a small server, doing my own thing at my own pace. We will see how long I last this time ey, one month ?







Did you know, my eyes have slightly different colors ?



8 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! I love nature. It's the parts where people exist I really don't like.. *shudder* Social anxiety fun times! Also, know this feeling: "It's just that stage where you decide if you're going to bother or not that often hinders me"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics Missy! I didn't know your eyes are different colours and Eirik is rocking that beard. :P That forest looks like a great place to explore. Anything potentially dangerous out there other than the snow... and Nemo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ill be sure to tell Eirik, he loves his beard :P I don't think there is anything that could actually hurt us in the forest, except badgers and moose, but they don't count really. Ice is the most dangerous thing I can think of :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to WoW! I'd like to be your friend if somehow you can get your Battletag to me. Nice pics and I'm happy you enjoyed getting away from it all. Nice eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you :) I sent you a pm on twitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a cute couple!


    You know, if you want to try and get out more on these forest walks since you enjoy them, you could make a deal with Eirik. Maybe you can agree that you are allowed to say no two times in a row, but the third time you promise to go? Or 3/4 times, or 4/5, whatever you feel comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks you for your suggestion, sounds like a great idea. I will think about it, I know Eirik and my self and we slip up on arrangements like 99% of the time he with his ADD and me with my anxiety, it's hard to make a deal sometimes hehe. But it does not hurt to try, not at all <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh of course, all you can do is try. If it works, great, if not well then at least you gave it a go. Just as long as it doesn't make things worse, remember there is no pressure. :)

    ReplyDelete